We offer four convenient payment options:

  • Mail
  • Phone
  • Online
  • Automatic Withdrawal

Still can’t find what you need? Give us a call at (800) 979-9917 or email us at csr@americu.com. If you contact us during regular business hours, you should receive a response within 24 hours. Inquiries received after standard business hours will be addressed the following business day.

Click here to be redirected to our secure borrower login page to submit your payment online. Follow the instructions to log in and access your account information, then select “Make a Payment” from the drop-down menu.

Choose the type of payment you’d like to make, choose a payment amount or enter your own, then add a bank account or credit card to make your payment. Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation number and a copy of your payment details. Print this page for you records. If you do not receive a confirmation notice, please call 800-979-9917. One of our customer service representatives will assist you in verifying that your payment has been processed.

To submit a payment by phone, please contact our servicing department at (800) 979-9917, and one of our customer service representatives will assist you.

Servicing Department Hours of Operation:

Monday-Friday 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Sunday Closed

Payments can be mailed to:

AmeriCU Mortgage
P.O. Box 30843
Lansing, MI 48909-8311

Overnight mailing address:

AmeriCU Mortgage
888 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Suite 310
Troy, MI 48084

To enroll in automatic withdrawal, you need to fill out an ACH Authorization form. You can find a copy of the form included in your welcome package. Please mail the completed form, along with a voided check, to:

Towne Mortgage Company
Attn: Servicing – ACH Dept
888 W. Big Beaver Rd.,
Suite 310
Troy, MI 48084

You may also enroll in our ACH program by logging into your personalized mortgage website, here.

Your enrollment form MUST be received no later than the 25th of the month in order to go into effect the following month. You will receive a confirmation letter once all of your ACH documentation has been received.

To cancel automatic withdrawal, you MUST provide a request in writing. You can mail it to the above address, email it to csr@americu.com, or fax it to (248) 247-1892. Cancellation requests must be received by the 28th of the month in order to take effect the following month. You will receive a confirmation letter when your written request is received.

If you’re a borrower struggling to make your mortgage payments we’re here to help.

We understand how overwhelming it can be to make ends meet.  Our goal is to keep homeowners in their homes.  That’s why we’ve developed programs specifically for borrowers facing financial hardship.

The variety of options summarized below may help you keep your home.  To explore your options call our Payment Assistance Hotline at (800) 979-9917 today or e-mail loss.mit@americu.com.  We’ll work with you to review your options and decide on the best course of action for your circumstance.

Options to Avoid Foreclosure

Reinstatement – Pay the total amount you owe in one lump sum payment by a specific date.  This option allows you to avoid foreclosure by bringing your mortgage current if you can show you have funds that will become available at a specific date in the future.

Repayment Plan – Pay back your past-due payments together with your regular payments over an extended period of time.  This option gives you time to catch up on late payments without having to come up with a lump sum.

Forbearance Plan – Make reduced mortgage payments or no mortgage payments for a specific period of time.  This option gives you time to improve your financial situation and possibly qualify for a better option than would be available right now.

Modification – Receive modified mortgage terms to make it more affordable or manageable after successfully making payments during a “trial period” (e.g., completing a three month trial period plan) that requires payment of the approximate amount of the modified payment.

Documentation that May be Required

Uniform Borrower Assistance Form filled out and signed

Income documentation

Asset Documentation (non-retirement assets such as checking/savings account statements, money market funds, CDs, Stocks and Bonds that are non-retirement)

Most recent Tax returns or W2s

Hardship letter outlining the reason for assistance

IRS Form 4506-C

To find a HUD-certified housing counseling agency call HUD toll-free at (800) 569-4287 or visit www.hud.gov/counseling. Please contact us at (800) 979-9917 to discuss what documentation is required for loss mitigation options.